Powered by LiveJournal.com
You are viewing the most recent 10 entries
March 1st, 2009
menarejerks @ : 33 reasons FEMA dist. 10 and this state sux
- Won't allow me to leave because, "You're not using my truck."
- Won't find daycare, "I can't afford it." Earlier it was, "No, I'm not watching the kids."
- Tells me to leave, but won't co-operate with planning. See one and two.
- Tells me, "You're a deadbeat mom."
- Tells me, "You're crazy though."
- No amount of discussion is going to resolve the issues. He'll pick a RED HERRING out of the so called arguement/discussion and attempt to make that THE POINT.
- Diverts from the issue, intentionally, and trys to tell me that I'M THE PROBLEM.
- Speaking plain and simple English isn't enough for him.
- Can't tell him that he didn't follow through with what WE PLANNED.
- And it was WE at the time because I distinctly remember talking with you and you agreed.
- Didn't discuss what happened with the tax money. Would NOT discuss what happened with the tax money for over a year. 2007 I find out WHAT happened with the money and he did not offer an excuse for not allowing me to leave or get my housing other than, "You're not USING ME to do it."
- So much for "help".
- FEMA says that you are "FAMILY", regardless of estrangement for years and years.
- FEMA refuses to pay reimbursement for housing expenses.
- I pay 1/2 of rent and utilities, which is 100% more than I paid living in Louisiana.
- I'm not familiar with this neighborhood. I have to be in two places at the same time. I can't.
- The kids are not old enough to stay home alone. He can't be trusted with them, either. He wouldn't watch them, anyway.
- He drinks excessively and everyone here pays for it verbally and emotionally. Kept up all hours of the night with his friends, radio, loud rambling. 4AM.
- Kids too tired for school b/c of his drunken B.S. Have never missed school before for reasons such as this!
- Tells me, "Go ahead and leave. You're not USING ME to do it."
- What would USING YOU have to do with it? You said you would, "Help" so what are you doing to, "help?".
- You dictate EVERYTHING in my life. Food. Transportation. Housing. Discipline. Relaxation (non-existant), freetime, personal enjoyment, healthcare.
- You sit there and do NOTHING. You tell me, "Do you're job. Clean the house."
- You tell the kids, "I'm going to give each of you part of the tax money so that you can spend it on what you want." Then never does.
- You tell me, "I'm going to set up an account for you." That's a joke.
- The first words out of your mouth were, "I want child-support back. I'm going to make your life hell." I believe you as you already have made my life hell and my kids lives hell.
- You can't agree and stick to an agreement.
- You say this and that and NEVER follow through. You make promises you CANT KEEP and HAVE NO INTENTION OF KEEPING both to ME and to MY KIDS.
- You do as you damn well please, you JERK.
- I'm not allowed to have the surgery that was scheduled because YOU REFUSE to pick me up as is required by the physician. I was told that I CANNOT just TAKE THE BUS. I was supposed to have surgery the day KATRINA HIT.
- Kids no longer want to live here, either. Would rather be in foster care b/c of contant arguing. I don't blame them. I blame THAT STUPID JERK.
- Can't explain their feelings to him and have him understand.
- I'm not allowed to have my own life.
March 30th, 2008
snarkycleverwit @ : Facebook.
Dear Ex-Acquaintences that I never really gave a toot about anyway,
When I open up my email every few days I roll my eyes to see yet another friend request from someone that barely spoke three words (if any at all) to me in highschool and / or primary school.
You want to be my friend? Why? Surely you jest!
Either one of two things happen that make me want to punch you all in the groin and be on my merry way.
The first is a stupid message that says almost always the same thing, "Hiiiiiiiii J! It's been so long since I've spoken to you!!! What are you doing these days?" ...No, you dumb shit, this is the first
time you've spoken to me probably ever - and secondly, the "about me" section that briefly describes my life in a nutshell will answer your stupid and inane question. As if you even care
what I'm up to! Is it too hard to trouble your mustard-seed sized brain in to actually giving someone's MODEST (unlike your fifty thousand application-encumbered profile) profile a quick going over? Oh and wait... once I've answered you (if I can resist the urge to stab myself in the eyeballs with a blunt stick for long enough) what's that? Oh.... that's right -- Nothing! ... And I don't hear from you again ... Well except of course, on the daily occasion when you jam up my fracking home page with all of those unending, ridiculous and unnecessary frigging group invites to "zomg join this group that will support Sally Smith of Dickworth, Canada in the removal of her testicles without any anaesthesia for the sake of live tv" and application invites to find out what my name would be if I were as skanky as you were in highschool.
And the other thing that occurs is nothing at all
. That's right. You don't send any wall message, any private messages ... You don't even send me a fish for my aquarium that I was pressured in to joining by your other 50 retarded highschool friends, that btw you are still knocking around with and talking about the same shit that you were 15 yrs ago now.... And you retire me to thinking to myself, "Wow, do people actually truly
add people to make their friend numbers higher?"
I am still unsure as to which of these two I would prefer. But I'll tell you what would be the ultimate goal? ... If you just stop requesting my friendship. Honesty is a bitch, and I have a good hold of my tongue, thankfully -- but sometimes idiocy deserves to be revealed to the entire internet public.
Go play in your stupid virtual garden..
March 20th, 2008
purpleberry @ : When in Russia.
The new lj landlord sounds like a bit of a prick. The russian lj Daddy doesn't seem to give two shits about lj users, he's no Brad that's for sure.
Interesting read. http://darkrosetiger.livejournal.com/373663.html
A different translation from another clever user. http://furiosity.livejournal.com/472399.html
.ONE DAY CONTENT STRIKE
For one day, Friday, March 21
, make no posts. Make no comments. Let there be NO new content added to LJ.
SUP obviously does not realize that Basic users have given something of value to them, that it is content that drives the site.
So, for one 24-hour period, from midnight GMT to midnight GMT
, let's see how many people we can get to pledge to contribute NO CONTENT.
This will create a permanent downward spike in the daily-posts statistics, a permanent reminder of the power of the userbase.
Full information at The Fox's Den
.SPREAD THE WORD!
March 16th, 2008
theophania @ : Older Men and Younger Women
Ok, last post of the night. I was going to post a bit on my religion (not to convert but to explain who and what we are), but I'm not sure if that's allowed, so I won't. Also, if my last post with the essay was inappropriate (though it was how I honestly felt) please let me know so I can delete it. Here, I'm looking for feedback. I'm curious if anyone feels the same way or has been stereotyped, especially if you're an older man in an age gap relationship. I originally wrote this before finding my boyfriend, so I added the extras. For the record, I'm 24 and he's 62.
"The following is not based on any type of scientific research, just on my own observations. I've noticed some troubling stereotypes about older men and younger women.
1. Dirty Old Man This one could be taken as a joke. It could even be a turn-on in bed. But unfortunately, I mean it in a different way. Some people seem to think that just because an older man wants to have sex, he's automatically a child molester or a stalker of women and such. The unwritten rule seems to be have fun while your young, but as soon as you hit a certain age, sex is off limits. This truly saddens me and gives many older men, who would never even think of doing such things, a bad reputation. From what I've seen, the problem is compounded by internet usage. Now please don't take this as everyone is safe on the net and there are no such men in existance. All I'm saying is that the majority of older men are not like this. My boyfriend certainly isn't. I've never seen him get really angry, but I'm sure if he heard of a child getting hurt or of any woman being molested, he definitely would get beyond upset.
2. Gold Diggers/Moochers I'm sure we all know women who just go after guys for money, whether in the movies or in real life. But it seems to be a thing with people to assume that just because a woman is with an older man, it's for his money. This is especially the case with celebreties, and while it may be true in some cases, as with most things, one size doesn't fit all. the other idea is that if the guy doesn't have lots of money, the woman must be crazy or must have other mental issues and "needs help". My boyfriend doesn't have money, but I love him, and he makes me happy. That's why we're together.
3. The Father Syndrome (My own name used here.) This is the third alternative to the gold digger. People like Freud (whom I personally discredit on many levels) promoted this idea and I've heard it mentioned a few places today as well, though I've never taken psychology. It basically states that younger women go with older men because they need some kind of father-figure. Again, I'm sure there are exceptions, but I'm also sure that, especially today, many women would strongly disagree with this notion. While I never had a father, I did grow up with, and still have, two wonderful loving parents who filled their roles nicely. I do not feel that Spiros is like a father or grandfather to me nor do I feel I need one in my life.
So there they are. My question now becomes, how can these views be changed. Does anyone notice differences in how people view age gap relationships today as opposed to in the past. Has the "acceptable" gap in age changed at all? What about if it was reversed and the woman was older and the man younger?"
theophania @ : Don't Call Me An American
Ok, here's an essay that I wrote back in September, only fleshed out a little bit. I'm cutting it due to length. Note that I normally don't rant this way, but I loved this, so I had to put it up. Btw, I don't truly hate cartoons. there are even a few that I like and believe it or not, they are mostly American. But this is where it all started. Also, I'm fully aware that Greece has its' share of problems. I read about them every day. But I didn't want to wander from the original topic when I originally wrote the work. Also, sorry for any spelling errors. I'm too lazy to spell check it. lol( Don't Call Me An AmericanCollapse )
theophania @ : Joining The Crowd
Hope intros are ok here. I know this is not a rant or anything, but I'm sure you guys can find something, even here, about which to start a discussion. lol If not, there's plenty in my actual profile and lj if you friend me. I don't mind the honesty transferring. *smile*
My name is Tiffany, but I prefer Tiffanitsa. , I'm 24 and a college graduate living in New Jersey, U.S.A. but I'm a Hellenic patriot, meaning that I put Greece above all countries. I read everything from hellenic news, to politics, to sports (just check the scores and love Olympiakos) to history and culture. Since this is an honesty community, I'll probably shoot off some shit about America, Turkey, FYROM, and even PASOK and New Democracy at some point. I'm sure some of the individuals are ok. It's the politics etc that get on my nerves. Anyway, I love listening to music, especially rebetika from below the 60's and some old laika and playing my bouzouki (kind of like a guitar) and baglama (a mini bouzouki). I'm teaching myself, but it's very difficult without a teacher because I have to learn the dromoi on my own. I also enjoy english music from the 50's through the 70's, reading, , writing, cooking from scratch, coffee, cigarettes, nonalcoholic wine, organic and free range foods (no dieting... that's another thing I rant about), natural medicine, fringe sciences and the paranormal, my Macbook, warm weather, board games and vintage technology. I also collect cigarette lighters, coins, stamps and interesting bottles and glasses. I love animals but don't have a pet of my own. I'm a Hellenic Polytheist (think Greek mythology), but I respect all religions so long as they don't try to convert me. I'm very opinionated and straight forward and I'm sick of political correctness. I also defy convention by having a boyfriend who's 62, though my being with him has nothing to do with rebellion etc. Oh yeah, and I've been totally blind since I was two-months old. I use talking software to read the screen and when it doesn't work or there's some new "sighted" gagit out there that's totally inaccessible (menus and on demand for television for example) I rant. lol Btw, I'm still learning Greek, so please be patient if you use it to write to me.
February 12th, 2008
gregoryrpratt @ :
Where does the phrase, "I'm going to eat your lunch" come from and why is it a threat? Roger Clemens' attorney threatened to eat an IRS agent's lunch and I need to know!
January 14th, 2008
prankstergoth @ : Something that made me pause
While reading something on the upcoming (and endless it would seem) presidental elections I came across this little realization:
If Hillary Clinton does win the election in 2008, that would mean for the last 24 years the country's top job has been in the hands of only 2 families. If Hillary Clinton wins a re-election, that would be 28 years.
Maybe we are becoming a "banana republic".
January 5th, 2008
menarejerks @ : He's gonna wreeaaaak at the game.
This jerk has a game to go to today. He's gonna wreeeak like beer all day. If he ever wakes up to go at all. It's 3am and he is stinking up the whole ROOM!